Thursday, March 12, 2009

The last 4 weeks.

Wow, it has been way too long since I last updated the blog. Bryan and I have been super busy moving into our new house to bring Jaxon home to, unpacking, working and awaiting our newest arrival! I did actually write this long post about 3 weeks ago about our move and then my computer froze so I quit and haven't had a chance since. All my pictures are on my computer at the house, so when I get home I'll add those so you can see what we've been up to.
Yesterday we had the last ultrasound before Jaxon arrives and all is looking good. He is still definitely a boy (although Bryan and I could not see what she was looking at) and he is weighing in at about 6 lbs 6oz. So by the time he comes he should be around 7 1/2 lbs. Thats a great weight for me, I was worried he'd be getting too big, but its just me that's putting on the weight. Haha.
My wonderful friends have thrown me 2 beautiful baby showers, one by my dear friend and old roomie, Catherine, and the other thrown by other dear friends, Krista, Meagan, Suzanne, Sarah and Julie. You girls are all so special to me and I don't know what I'd do without you. We have felt overwhelmed by all the love and support we have been given by our friends and family and we know that you will all be praying for us and encouraging us in our new chapter of life. You all bring such joy to our hearts! Even my mom's best friend who I have known my whole life came in from Scotland to surprise me (her husband was here for business, but still, so sweet that she decided to join him and come celebrate with us). My other sweet friends who are like my second family, the Reeds, came in from Austin to celebrate with us the 1st weekend of March. It was so great to see them and catch up on their lives and I cannot believe how grown up the kids are--I have known the kids since before they were born and I think they were a little surprised to see my prego belly!
Like I said, I'll post some pics later tonight but wanted to give an update on what's been going on these last 4 weeks. Lots of preparing and lots of resting!!

1 comment:

Renee Westcott said...

It was great seeing your new home! You've done so much work setting it up...the nursery is presh!