Sunday, May 23, 2010

Vacation and Weddings.

Wow. I have so much to share and we have been super busy but I'll try to keep this short. We recently had a little vacation to San Francisco and Lake Tahoe for my brother-in-law's wedding. We were so glad to get some time away and be together but I don't think I will travel with a one-year old like that again. Unfortunately, Jax did not do well with the plane ride, the time change and staying in different hotels. He is so used to his own bed and his space that it was hard to get adjusted the entire time we were gone. By the 3rd day, I was in need of a time out away from Jax and luckily the bridal luncheon was that day, so I got away for a few hours and it was wonderful. You know, sometimes you just need a break. I've never felt that way before, but for 3 days straight I had no space from Jaxon. His whining was driving me bananas!
Bryan and I had a wonderful time walking around San Francisco, eating Churros and watching the Sea Lions, but we realized that this would be more fun when the kids are older and we can enjoy the underwater aquarium and take a boat ride and tour more of the city. So we'll have to go back in a few years when Jax will truly enjoy it. On our way to Lake Tahoe for the wedding we stopped off at the Jelly Belly Factory, which was just a few miles from my old house. My Aunt Patty and Grandma came over to go through the tour with us when they were on their way to Sacramento. We finally arrived in Lake Tahoe and it was GORGEOUS!! This place is so beautiful and the weather was absolutely perfect. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with family that we hadn't seen since last summer and of course LOVED watching Bryan's brother get married to an amazing woman and we couldn't be happier for them. Jax was finally in a good mood for the wedding and he had such a blast. He was the life of the party and I think everyone was watching him on the dance floor instead of the bride and groom. It was just so cute to watch him in action.
Below are some pics of our trip a bit out of order. Enjoy.

The new completed Leuenberger family....until more kids come of course.



The Bride and Groom, they were so happy and in love. Such a beautiful wedding!




All the sister-in-laws!


Jaxon and his cousin, Ashlin, were the life of the dance floor!




1 comment:

Renee Westcott said...

What a fun place to travel for a wedding. Too bad kiddos can't adjust more quickly.