Tuesday, January 13, 2009

drum roll please...

I think we finally decided on a name!!! The key word here being, "think". Maybe when he comes out we might have to change our minds, but for now, this is the name we decided on. Picking a name was all about the meanings for me, Bryan didn't care so much about that, he just wanted a masculine name and something that could not be made fun of. With a last name like Leuenberger, you have to think about these things. I always knew I wanted to use Bryan's middle name, Daniel, which means - "God is my Judge". Then I looked up the name, Jaxon (Jax for short), which means - "God has been gracious, He has shown His favor". So I got really excited because although God is our Judge, we can know that when we trust in Him, He will show is grace, compassion, favor and mercy on us. It just seemed perfect! So then I chose a verse to fit perfectly with his name, Psalm 61:1. It says, "God be gracious to us and bless us, and cause His face to shine upon us; that Your way be known on earth, Your salvation among the nations". I do pray that our little boy would trust in God's salvation for eternal life, and I pray that he would make God's name known on earth and glorify Him only. I can't think of a better prayer for our children and what a job we have as parents to teach our children to trust Jesus as our Savior. Lord, please give me the tools to raise my children to walk with you!

So...for now...

Jaxon Daniel Leuenberger

4 comments:

Amber Dawn said...

Awww... one of my good friends has a little boy Jaxon David... I love the name Jaxon!! Beautiful... I love it and your meaning and scripture is incredible!!!

Renee Westcott said...

Worth the wait! Great name, I hope you stick with it!

masonbrant said...

Hannah and Bryan the name you have chosen is so cute. we cant wait to meet him.

The Long Family said...

Hey Hannah- I am Renee's oldest sister (the one in New York) - I was playing around and came across your blog and wanted to say congrats on the new coming baby boy. We are partial to boys here-Joshua is 5 and Matthew 2 with baby 3# on the way but not finding out what it is. I love your name you have picked - and the verse was wonderful...enjoy the next few weeks before you feel totally HUGE!!