Sunday, April 12, 2009

Delivery.

As promised, I am writing today about the whole labor experience. Saturday was not what I was expecting. Bryan and I woke up at the usual Saturday morning time around 8:30 and I began making our usual Saturday morning breakfast, Blueberry Waffles! Yum. I talked with my mom for a brief moment after breakfast about our dinner plans at their house later that evening. And almost as soon as I got off the phone with her I started having some horrible cramping pain that just wouldn't go away. I thought to myself..."Self, I think we're having this baby today". After a little while I called for Bryan and explained what I was feeling and that I really didn't feel good...felt like I was going to vomit but wanted to shower before heading to the hospital. Instead ended up in the bathroom because of the whole vomiting situation...and all of a sudden my water broke (around 11am or so). Jaxon had made a bowel movement so I knew we needed to get to the hospital quickly. We got our stuff together and I tried to clean myself up a bit and got to the hospital around noon. The nurses put us in a room right away and began checking little Jaxon's heart. They did not like what they saw and told us we'd probably have to have an emergency C-section. This is not at all what I wanted to do...I had decided early on that I really wanted to try to do a natural delivery, but Jaxon's health was most important, so of course we would do whatever was needed. My parents and Bryan's parents arrived quickly after hearing that we'd probably be going into surgery soon. After filling out a bunch of paper work while hooked up to oxygen...we sort of just waited to hear back from the Dr about what was coming next. All of a sudden there were a ton of nurses and dr's in our room and they took me out of the room before I knew what was happening. I guess Jax was in more stress then they had originally thought...or I guess it was just getting worse. I was so surprised at how composed I was going into surgery and I know it was God's perfect peace over me that kept me so calm. I could really feel His presence that afternoon. At 2:19 pm the dr. pulled little Jax out with the cord wrapped around his neck 4 times and after getting him out safely, Bryan went over to the nurses while they cleaned him up. He turned out to be perfectly healthy and had no other complications. But my Dr said she'd never seen anything like that before. No wonder he was in such stress, the poor little guy was having a rough time in there. We are so thankful that everything turned out okay and that the surgery went very well. Jax is perfect. He sleeps through the night, eats really well and is typically calm and happy. We could not be more blessed to have such an incredible son. I have been recovering well and cannot wait to get back to working out here and there to start losing this baby weight, but I am resting as much as I can.
So...that's how things happened last Saturday. It was not at all what I planned, but I am realizing more and more that children really are in God's hands and I literally have no control over anything. I have to place Jaxon in God's hands...after all, He took care of him while he was in my womb and He took care of him during the delivery and did things the way He wanted. Not me. I know God's plan is best...so I am perfectly happy letting him have control (even though its hard to let go sometimes).

We took some super cute Easter pics but I don't have the cable to load them onto my computer right now, so hopefully I'll get them up in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

Renee Westcott said...

First, Happy Easter! Second, what an incredible story and great reminder of God using our medical staff to make wise decisions. Can you imagine if you had insisted on a natural delivery? I'm sure you'll heal quickly, but give the baby weight some time! I know it took me 9 months, but I feel great about my body now. Everyone if different. Can't wait to visit. We sold our house and are moving to my mom's in the Woods at the end of May until we have a new home!